corporate giving policy
Thank you for including Ivar’s restaurants as part of your fundraising efforts. Ivar's supports many local charities including Seattle Children's Hospital (Scott Kingdon Memorial Guild) through our Grand Clam Golf Tournament every year.
We also believe strongly in giving back to communities that have supported our restaurants and been our guests since 1938. The concerns we support are those that are important to our guests and to our employees. Generally, Ivar’s donates clam chowder and gift certificates to local food banks and community programs that promote diversity, education, the environment, the welfare of children, and medical outreach, support and research.
To be eligible for contributions, organizations must comply to the following:
1. Qualify for non-profit status under the Internal Revenue Code;
2. Benefit the communities where Ivar’s restaurants are located;
3. Be submitted on the organization’s official letterhead
Unfortunately we cannot contribute or offer support to:
1. Funds for individuals
2. Projects of political nature (political campaigns or issues)
3. Beauty pageant participants
4. Class Reunions
5. Team or individual sponsorships or competitions
6. Financial support
If your organization or program meets these eligibility requirements, please submit in writing:
1. A description of the event including purpose and objectives
2. Date of event
3. What you would like Ivar’s to contribute?
4. Contact name and information, including return mailing address, phone numbers and e-mail address
5. The community you serve
6. The goal your event is trying to reach
We review all requests monthly and respond approximately 60 days in advance of the event.
All responses will be in writing.
Donations are made in the form of gift certificates or product. The gift certificates are valid at all Ivar’s restaurants and Kidd Valley hamburger locations with the exception of those located in sporting venues. They cannot be redeemed for cash and another gift certificate will be issued for any remaining balance.
Submit all information and inquiries to:
Seattle, WA 98104
No phone calls please
©2006 Ivar’s, Inc. All rights reserved.
Ivar's is not a franchise.